1211 S Bethlehem Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 9, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Fireside Grille in Ambler was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 33 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Facility CFSM certificate posted is expired. Facility granted 30 days to apply for a new CFSM certificate with MCOPH or provide proof of course enrollment to fax or email provided. CFSM application was emailed during inspection.
- (2 times repeat violation) Employee beverages stored on clean side of dish machine area in kitchen and on cook’s line prep refrigerator. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal actions.
- Hand wash sink at bar observed with metal dump pan and drainage tube in basin.
- Employee observed filling up containers in kitchen hand washing sink.
- Only 2 previous weeks records of shellfish tags were available on site at facility. All shellfish tags must be kept in chronological order on file for at least 90 days after date of last sale.
- Date of last sale not recorded on shellfish tags.
- (3 times repeat violation)Soda gun nozzle interiors at bar observed with mold-like residue. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal actions.
- Chlorine sanitizer bucket at server prep refrigerator tested above required 50-100ppm concentration. Facility refilled with quat sanitizer of 200ppm during inspection.
- Marinara sauce in crock pot at pizza station recorded with internal temperature of 88F. Facility reheated to 165F during inspection.
- (2 times repeat violation)Prepared and opened TCS ready to eat foods held under refrigeration in facility longer than 24 ours missing required discard date marking not to exceed 7 days from the prep/open date. Facility was emailed date marking regulations during inspection. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal actions.
- Several spray bottles of cleaner found without labeling throughout facility.
- Food items stored directly on floor of walk-in freezer.
- Food handlers lacking hair restraints.
- (2 times repeat violation)Wet wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer between uses. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal actions.
- Rag stored under cutting board on prep table in kitchen.
- Tongs stored hanging from oven handle on cook’s line.
- Knives stored in prep table crevice at rear prep station.
- Ice scoop handle resting in beverage ice in bar ice bin.
- Scoops without handles observed being used in dressing at server prep refrigerator and in bulk dry ingredients in kitchen.
- Soda gun holsters at bar observed lined with napkins to dry. All food contact surfaces must be air dried after cleaning and sanitizing.
- Facility found to be storing boxes of single use food containers and utensils directly on floor of outside storage shed.
- Beverage tubing in direct contact with drink ice in bar ice bin. Ice divider was placed into ice bin during inspection.
- Open can in 2 door tall refrigerator not transferred into a sealed food grade container after opening.
- Water accumulation on bottom of salad prep refrigerator.
- Several cutting boards observed heavily scratched and stained with some cutting boards observed with melted parts.
- Facility lacking chlorine test strips.
- Shelving of inside walk-in refrigerator and outside beer walk-in refrigerator where food is stored observed with food residue accumulation.
- Soda gun holster drain lines behind bar observed not installed at beginning of inspection. Facility re-installed during inspection.
- Black mold-like growth observed on floor/walls under equipment in ware washing area of kitchen.
- Floor tiles observed broken/missing in several areas of kitchen. Missing floor tiles on cook’s line observed with stagnant water and food residue accumulation.
- Heavy grease accumulation observed around fryers on cooks’ line with heavy grease buildup observed on electrical lines and electrical outlet. The Upper Dublin Fire Marshal was contacted during inspection in regards to grease.
- Cell phone stored in contact with gloves at pizza station.
- Ceiling light in kitchen by ware washing area lacking shielding or shatter resistant bulbs.
Health Dept; 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park,; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016, Bungee cords securing various items at pizza prep refrigerator
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016