411 W Ridge Pike
Limerick, PA 19468
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on November 13, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Limerick Diner was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 14 violations were found.
Typically, in Pennsylvania restaurants are inspected annually. Violations designated “Food Borne Illness Risk Factors” required follow-up inspections until no such violations exist. Inspections may also increase the frequency of visits for a business found chronically, “Out of Compliance.”
Limerick Diner has been inspected 9 times this year, each of those visits resulting in a finding the restaurant was, “Out of Compliance”
- October 22, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- June 3, 2019
- May 29, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- May 13, 2019
- March 6, 2019
- February 5, 2019
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Employee drinks with no lids being stored in food prep area.
- Observed employee put on gloves before first washing hands. Hands must be washed thoroughly before putting on gloves.
- One sink in ladies’ restroom not working. One operable sink.
- 18 dented cans on can racks. Facility pulled. Do not use or sell. Corrected.
- Liquid eggs stored over ready to eat food in bakery walk in cooler.
- Large cutting board and several portables with deep grooves/staining. Resurface/replace when cleaning and sanitizing doesn’t remove stains.(4XR)
- Hamburgers, chicken tenders, and grilled chicken holding under 135F in hot holding on the grill. Facility discarded.
- Sliced cheese and fruit being held above 41F. Facility voluntarily discarded.
- Dates lacking on foods throughout reach in and walk in coolers.
- Some coolers lacking thermometers. Provide.
- Door held on with duct tape on reach in cooler. Walk in cooler in bakery with door not closing properly. Unit across from grill door not shutting properly. Repair. 3 times repeat violation.
- Heavy frost and ice build up in Basement walk in freezer. Defrost, clean and sanitize. Repair. Ensure packaged food integrity. If frost has entered packaging or is around food, discard food. 4 times repeat violation.
- Bottom shelf of several coolers not clean. Clean and sanitize.
- Bakery walk in shelving with debris. Clean and sanitize.
- Multiple leaks coming from ceiling in basement. Move any food under leaks. Repair. 4 times repeat violation.
- Ceiling tiles missing in basement.
- Floors not clean under cook’s line and in bakery area. Clean.
The following story addresses an inspection conducted the week after this inspection and includes comments from the owner.
Health Dept; 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park,; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016, Bungee cords securing various items at pizza prep refrigerator
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016