100 Waterfront Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 5/20/2020 after an Allegheny Health Department employee biked by the restaurant As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Redfin Blues was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 1 violations was found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
Violation of ACT 315:
ACHD employee biked past Redfin Blues yesterday evening and the patio/deck was packed with 50+ customers sitting at tables eating and drinking plus more standing in line next to them ordering from bar. Facility is violating state orders issued in response to COVID-19.
- Facility is providing food in take out containers but allowing customers to sit down in the front patio / outside section of the facility.
- Wait staff were observed delivering food to customers sitting at tables in front of the restaurant.
- Customers were observed ordering liquor and other alcohol beverages at the front bar window.
- Customers were observed consuming beer on the front patio.
- Customers sitting outside are not wearing masks. State orders require all customers to wear masks while on premises, and deny entry to individuals not wearing masks, unless the business is providing medication, medical supplies, or food, in which case the business must provide alternative methods of pick-up or delivery of such goods; however, individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition (including children under the age of 2 years per CDC guidance) may enter the premises and are not required to provide documentation of such medical condition.
- Customers are not social distancing as observed during the inspection.
- Customers observed coming into the facility from the front patio section to use the restaurants
The inspector made the following statement regarding expected corrected action to be taken by Redfin Blues:
- Remove or restrict access to the outside seating area. Do not allow customers to congregate or eat / consumer food on premises. Restaurants can only act as take out and delivery only.
- Restrooms must be closed to the public.
- Only persons who comply with all applicable Department Rules and Regulations, State and Federal Laws shall be entitled to receive and retain a valid Health Permit.*
*This statement suggests the restaurant’s permit to operate can be revoked, effectively closing the restaurant.
Bridgeville’s Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection ; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Ice deflector has mold-like growth, Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019