La Nova Pizzeria
835 Pittsburgh Street
Springdale, PA 15144
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 5/20/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations La Nova Pizzeria was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Shaved meat from the Gyro cone is in a plastic container on the counter next to the vertical broiler.
- A plastic container of shaved Gyro meat in the process of cooling is covered with a lid in the walk-in cooler. Do not cool shaved Gyro meat at room temperature. When the meat shaving task is completed, immediately move the container to the walk-in cooler and leave it uncovered until the proper cooling procedure is completed.
- The walk-in cooler compressor is not properly functioning. The compressor was encased with ice earlier in the day and was temporarily shut down for approximately two hours to thaw the ice. Food temperatures were satisfactory.
- The fan guard is missing to the compressor in the walk-in cooler.
- The door handle to the walk-in freezer is broken.
- Hot water is not available at the hand sink in the front food preparation area.
- There are no paper towels at the hand sinks in the food preparation area and in the ware washing room.
- There is no soap at the hand sinks in the food preparation area and in the ware washing room
- The back door is open. Keep the back door closed to prevent entry of pests.
- Employee was not wearing face protection per current state Covid requirements when inspector arrived.
Bridgeville’s Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection ; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Ice deflector has mold-like growth, Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019