Mt Jewett, PA
MT Jewett Marketplace
30 E MAIN ST MT
JEWETT, PA 16740
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 22, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the MT Jewett Marketplace was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- TCS food was held at 44-48°F, in the deli sandwich prep unit, rather than 41°F or below as required. TCS food was disposed. Unit cannot be used to store TCS food unless it can hold at 41°F or below. Ice build up on unit may be causing temp issues.
- Thermometers for ensuring proper temperatures of food are not available in the sandwich prep unit.
- A package of flour tortillas in the dairy cooler has no product labeling, including name of product or ingredient listing.
- Observed ice build up in the sandwich prep unit and on the condenser unit in the dairy cooler, ice build up needs removed and prevented from forming.
- One dead mouse observed under the deli kitchen stove.
- The quaternary ammonia concentration being dispensed in the deli 3-bay warewash sink was 0 ppm, rather than 200-400 as required. Solution must be mixed by hand temporarily until unit can be repaired. Spray bottle used to sanitize equipment in the meat room was 50 ppm quaternary ammonia, remixed to proper concentration of 200 ppm during inspection.
Evidence of rodent activity, dead mouse; Eldred Dollar General fails state inspection
Heavy build up of cobwebs, Bradford’s Lighthouse Family Restaurant fails third inspection, hit with 13 violations by state
Bradford’s Lighthouse Family Restaurant fails third inspection, hit with 13 violations by state