Angelo’s Restaurant and Pizza
Midway Shopping Center
21 G MIDWAY SHOPPING CTR
WYOMING, PA 18644
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on October 29, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Angelo’s Restaurant and Pizza in Wyoming was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Ice Machine not cleaned at a frequency to preclude accumulation of dirt and soil.
- Observed several fruit flies in bar area. Pest control provider to be contacted for service and recommendations.
- Accumulation of slime scale on the inside of the dish machine.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Shelf stock located in the walk-in cooler did not have identification tags attached to the container.
- Time in lieu of temperature being used in the food facility to control ready to eat potentially hazardous foods without written procedures or documentation to verify disposition of food.
- Raw eggs stored above ready to eats foods in reach in walk-in cooler.
- Observed Tomato sauce stored directly on the floor in walk-in cooler, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Employee personal item was observed in food prep area, and not stored in dressing rooms or identified storage area as required.
- Observed bucket sanitizer being stored in prep sink next to food items and subject to potential contamination.