Basilico Pizzeria Trattoria
2209 E HIGH STREET
POTTSTOWN, PA 19464
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/10/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Basilico Pizzeria Trattoria was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- EHS observed employee with a cut on their finger that was not properly covered and was bleeding. Food code requires employees handling food with a wound on their hand, finger or wrist wear an impermeable cover such as a finger cot or stall with a single use glove over the impermeable cover. Employee was removed from handling food and all areas he had touched must be clean and sanitized. All food he handled was voluntarily discarded.
- EHS observed a soda on the bain marie cutting board without a lid. Beverages in a food prep area or any area where contamination of food, equipment, utensils, or single service items can occur must have a lid on them.
- EHS observed employee with blood on a wound handling ready to eat food. Employee was removed from handling food and the food was voluntarily discarded.
- EHS employee cutting ready to eat lettuce without gloves on. Lettuce was voluntarily discarded and employee washed hands.
- EHS observed raw chicken over ready to eat food in the walk in cooler.
- Meat slicer and splash guard of ice machine unclean. Clean and sanitize according to owner’s manual.
- Cutting boards with deep grooves and heavy discoloration
- Proper date marking lacking on prepared food items in secondary containers and/or packaging.
- Ice scoop stored with handle touching ice in ice bin – Corrected
- Floor unclean in back kitchen and around equipment. Clean/sanitize.