New Star Chinese Restaurant
835 Glenside Ave #205
Wyncote, PA 19095
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 6/26/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the New Star Chinese Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 15 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- (2 times repeat violation)Ware washing area hand sink knobs observed with grease accumulation. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal action.
- Many food items observed uncovered in freezers, walk-in refrigerator, and in bottom portion of food prep refrigerator.
- Raw meats (chicken, pork) stored above ready to eat sauces and produce in walk-in refrigerator.
- Facility food prep sink observed with dried food residue in basin and on fixtures.
- Facility found to be reheating food in steam table. All foods must be properly reheated to 165F in oven or on stove-top before placing into hot holding equipment.
- Facility lacking discard date marking on prepared and opened TCS foods held under refrigeration longer than 24 hours. Discard date must not exceed 7 days from prep/open date. Facility emailed date marking regulations during inspection.
- 1 door tall refrigerator by fryers observed with ambient temperature of 48F. Foods in unit at 46F. Facility moved all food to walk-in refrigerator. Facility must immediately stop using the unit. Facility may not use the unit until serviced by licensed professional, AND unit is operating at 41F or below, AND written permission is granted by MCOPH. Send service report to the email provided. Failure to comply or await permission before using unit may lead to legal action.
- (7 times repeat violation)Rodent like dropping observed on floor in dry storage room and inside of restroom. Facility must immediately clean and sanitize area. Facility must be treated by professional pest control service. Send pest control report to email provided within 10 business days. Possible citation due to repeat non-compliance.
- Food handler lacking hair restraint.
- White duct tape on damaged lid and gasket of large chest freezer. Not smooth non-porous and easily cleaned.
- (2 times repeat violation)Ice accumulation on shelves and interior of 1 door tall freezer. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal action.
- Cut cabbage found stored in direct contact with cardboard box in walk-in refrigerator.
- At beginning of inspection drain under hand washing sink by front counter observed clogged and backing up. Facility unclogged drain during inspection.
- Grease hoods above cook’s line observed with grease dripping down from hood system.
- Heavy grease and food accumulation observed around fryers on cook’s line.