Tom’s Riverside Market
8868 RTE 338
KNOX, PA 16232
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/6/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Tom’s Riverside Market was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed raw meat being stored above ready to eat food items in the self serve meat refrigerated meat case. Also observed ground raw meat being stored above whole muscle meat in the self serve refrigerated meat case.
- Facility is using a date mark of greater than 7 days on various deli meats and cheeses that are temperature controlled for safety, out of their original package and being held for longer than 24 hours. This violation was document on the 01/02/2019 inspection report
- Ventilated hood baffles in the deli / bakery area have an accumulation of grease / dust, and in need of cleaning.
- Observed Kunzler Sweet Bologna and two brands of salami which are a ready to eat time/temperature control for safety foods in the facility deli counter, that were date marked but beyond the 7 day use or sell by date and require discarding.
- Observed four (4) Similac Neosure baby formula with a sell by date of 1APR2020 and one (1) Similac Advance baby formula with a sell by date of 1APR2020 on the retail sales floor. All product removed from sale.
- Observed seven (7) Schneider’s fat free skim milk with a sell by date of Apr 05, two (2) Schneider’s Whole Butter Milk with a sell by date of Apr 02, one (1) Schneider’s Country Flake Butter Milk with a sell by date of Mar 26 and four (4) Marburger Low Fat Chocolate Milk with a sell by date of Mar 29 in the retail sales cooler. This violation was documented of the 01/02/2019. All product removed from sales.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.