Pizza Roma Restaurant
8360 Perry Hwy
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 5/20/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Pizza Roma Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Moldy soup in upright unit against wall. (discarded)
- Cheese at 50-54°F, onion at 50°F, sliced tomatoes at 47°F, shredded lettuce at 52°F in prep unit at deck oven end of line. *
- Prep unit at deck oven end of line holding at 50°F. *
- Manager packing buns into single service bags with bare hands.
- Several unlabeled chemical spray bottles hanging on impinger oven door.
- Employees not wearing masks and some pulling them down often while working.
*The temperature danger zone is food temperatures between 41 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit and the most rapid bacteria growth occurs between 70 and 125 degrees Fahrenheit. The longer food sits in this temperature range, the greater the risk that bacteria will begin to grow on food.
Health Department CLOSES Popeye’s in Wilkins TWP outside Pittsburgh; Food in unsound condition, improper cleaning and sanitization, 14 violations
Health Department CLOSES Popeye’s in Wilkins TWP outside Pittsburgh; Food in unsound condition, improper cleaning and sanitization
Complaint sends inspectors to La Nova Pizzeria in Springdale; 7 violations, employee was not wearing face protection, no soap at the hand sinks
Complaint sends inspectors to La Nova Pizzeria in Springdale; 7 violations, employee was not wearing face protection