Red Tea House
1717 Cochran Road
Puttsburgh, PA 15220
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on DATE. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Red Tea House in MT Lebanon was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Frozen salmon in reduced oxygen packaging thawing in the sushi preparation cooler with the packaging intact.*
- Facility lacks cooling charts for any food products being cooled in the walk-in cooler, such as the egg rolls and fried chicken chunks.
- Large metal bowls of fried chicken chunks being cooled in the walk-in cooler to the right when you walk out the rear door. Product being cooled incorrectly, product is piled high in each container. No temperature violation noted based upon timeline established by the operator.
- Raw marinated chicken found by the hand sink in the preparation area between 56-62°F
- Grey bus bin found on the floor in front of the hand sink of the preparation area with raw frozen chicken thawing without running cold water to agitate. Chicken product mostly frozen still.
- Crab rangoon filling and partially filled sheet tray of rangoons prepared found between 58- 64°F. Product was being prepared and the operators stopped to manage lunch orders. Product to be moved into refrigeration to lower in temperature prior to resuming production.
- Coca-Cola merchandiser at the entry way leading to the kitchen being used to cold hold packaged garden salads. No temperature violations.
- Facility is not marking product with discard dates.
- Operator observed washing his hands in the preparation sink without soap and without drying hands prior to resuming work.
- Sushi operator observed placing order with gloves on and resuming food preparation without glove change or hand washing.
- Multiple soiled knives found stored in a knife block at the sushi preparation counter.
- Handles for the hand sink in the preparation area are heavily soiled.
- Hand sinks in the sushi preparation area and the kitchen preparation area do not have soap.
- Operator was unaware of proper cooling methods.
- Operator was unaware of proper cold holding equipment usage, such as coolers meant for temperature controlled for safety foods vs. not.
- Food product held on top of the grease trap under the preparation area hand sink.
Bridgeville’s Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection ; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
Bee’z Bistro & Pub inspection; Deflector plate in large ice machine near walk in cooler has pink mold-like substance
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Ice deflector has mold-like growth, Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019
13 violations at Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe in Pittsburgh; Customers not wearing masks, Health permit expired in 2019