Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen in Lansdale
1719 N Broad ST
Lansdale, PA 19446
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted a retail food inspection on November 15, 2019 following a complaint from the public. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen in Lansdale was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 13 violations were found.
The inspector made the following statement in the report:
Inspection conducted today upon receiving a customer related complaint. At time of inspection facility manager stated that on 11/13/19 a goat purchased from an approved supplier was being butchered in facility for employee personal use. Facility did provide paperwork that lamb was from an approved source at time of inspection. No evidence of lamb was observed in facility at time of inspection and all areas appeared to have been cleaned and sanitized. Facility was instructed that lamb cannot be butchered in facility for personal use of employees.
The inspector made the following observations in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- No hot water provided at hand wash sink in back area by prep room. All hand sinks must have cold and hot running water supply at all times. A follow-up inspection will be conducted on 11/18/19 to ensure repair of sink. Failure to comply may result in further legal action.
- Many fly-like insects observed in food prep room. Facility must have a licensed pest control service and provide pest control report to fax or email provided within 10 business days. Pest control report must state treatment of target pest.
- Sign stating inspection reports are available upon request obstructed by newly installed lemonade dispenser in front area.
- Facility is lacking a written vomit/fecal incident procedure at time of inspection. Sample document emailed during inspection.
- No paper towels provided at hand wash sink in drive thru area.
- 2 times repeat violation; employee observed dumping ice into hand washing sink next top biscuit refrigerator. Facility was instructed that all hand wash sinks are for hand washing only. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in further legal actions.
- Mayo in ice cold well in drive thru area observed in an inadequate ice bath with internal temperatures of 50F-55F. Facility was instructed that if cold well cannot keep mayo at 41F or below time temperature logs must be used for foods stored outside of approved temperature and then discarded after 4 hours. Facility instructed on proper log use at time of inspection and time stamps were placed on mayo.
- Foods with internal temperatures of 45F-51F recorded in walk-in refrigerator. Facility voluntarily discarded 4 pans of rice, 2 pans of green beans, and moved chicken at 45F to a properly working refrigerator.
- Walk-in refrigerator recorded with ambient temperature of 50F. Facility must immediately stop using the unit. Facility may not use the unit until serviced by licensed professional, AND unit is operating at 41F or below, AND written permission is granted by MCOPH. Fax service report to 215-784-5524 or to the email provided. Failure to comply or await permission before using unit may lead to legal action.
- Many large stacks of buns in cardboard boxes found stored directly on floor in dining area. Some boxes observed damaged with holes. Facility manager stated these boxes have been stored here for approximately 3 days. Facility was instructed that this is not an approved area for food storage and all foods must be stored away from customer access areas to prevent contamination. A follow-up inspection will be conducted on 11/18/19 to ensure facility has moved all boxes to an approved area. Failure to comply may result in further legal action.
- Boxes of foods stored directly on the floor of walk-in freezer and walk-in refrigerator.
- Food prep sink does not have any cold water supply. A follow-up inspection will be conducted on 11/18/19 to ensure repair of sink. Failure to comply may result in further legal action.
- Many brooms and dust pans found stored inside of mop sink obstructing its use.
Health Dept; 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park,; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016, Bungee cords securing various items at pizza prep refrigerator
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016