Japan One Restaurant
1500 BEELINE HWY
Du Bois, PA 15801
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 13, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Japan One Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed raw chicken, fish and beef stored over raw vegetables in the walk in cooler.
- Buildup of food residue on the handles of the prep table.
- Observed a 1″ gap under the rear entry door leading in the kitchen (allows access to animals, insects)
- Observed wet wiping rags used to clean the knives used to sanitize the sushi prep area not stored in a sanitizing solution.
- Observed rice used for sushi being held out of temperature without up to date records indicating the food is being disposed after 4 hours. Facility must keep records accurate or acidify the rice and keep records of the PH.
- Cardboard being used to cover the top of a grill unit. The cardboard is saturated with grease.
- Facility is serving sushi and does not have a consumer advisory stating that consuming raw or under cooked fish may increase the risk of food borne illness.
- Observed box and utensils in the hand wash sink in the food prep area.
- Observed approximately 100 mouse droppings in the dry storage area on the floor and shelving.
- Plastic spray bottle with chemicals in it not marked with the contents of the bottle.