Mama’s Famous Pizza
1901 HAMILTON ST
Allentown, PA 18104
Allentown Health Bureau conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/18/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Mama’s Famous Pizza was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Mops are not being hung to air dry. Hang mops to air dry.
- Facility does not maintain documentation for time in lieu of temperature. Document the time that foods were prepared and discard after 4 hours.
- Food facility does not have available sanitizer test strips or test kit to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration. Provide test strips.
- Cooking line under the hood was pulled away from wall affecting proper use of the fire suppression system. Do not use equipment when it is not correctly placed under the hood and fire suppression system.
- There is a buildup of ice around the interior walk-in freezer door frame and on the floor to the left of the door. Have freezer serviced or repaired to eliminate ice buildup.
- Door handle to the walk-in freezer is broken and interior door handle for the walk-in cooler is missing, leaving a hole in the door. Repair or replace freezer door handle and replace or seal hole for missing walk-in cooler handle.
- The inside of the ice machine has mold growth/residue build up. Discard ice. Wash, rinse, and sanitize the inside of the ice machine.
- Two containers of cleaning products were stored above clean cooking equipment and utensils at the produce sinks and unfolded pizza boxes were stored next to paint cans in the far corner behind the walk-in cooler. Store chemicals, cleaning supplies, and other sources of possible contamination separately or under food, equipment, and/or single use items.
- Tile flooring in the back room is cracked and missing in places. Repair or replace these tiles so that the floor is a smooth and easily cleanable surface.
Complaint sends Allentown inspector to Wendy’s finds, “Rodent droppings were observed in the dining room as well as in the back storage room”
Allentown’s Turner Street Market slapped with 15 violations; Rodent droppings present by sugar and flour, Three-bay sink is heavily encrusted with dirt, grime, and debris, deli case has a build up of dirt and grime
Allentown’s Turner Street Market slapped with 15 violations; Rodent droppings present by sugar and flour ,Three-bay sink is heavily encrusted with dirt, grime, and debris, deli case has a build up of dirt and grime