5 Sugar Run RD
Waynesburg, PA 15370
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 6/16/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the McDonald’s Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed loose coffee filters unprotected in-between the tea and the bulk ice machine.
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash, employee put her hat on then changed gloves without washing her hands. Observed employee use hand sanitizer in place of washing her hands after she put a hat on.
- Observed the spray nozzle at the 3 bowl sink hangs below the flood rim. This is a repeat violation from previous inspection.
- Observed employee and management preparing food without hair restraints on.
- The bulk ice machine and the ice machine in the dining area has a build up of black slimy residue. Both units were shut down and all ice is to be discarded. Units are not allowed to be used until they have been cleaned and sanitized.