The Bucks County Department of Health conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/10/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Duck Sauce was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Employees were eating and drinking in the food prep areas – Observed employee drinks in the food prep areas Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Employees did not wash their hands after leaving the food prep area and returning before applying gloves. Employees must was their hands any time they change operations. – Observed food debris in hand sinks. Hand sinks must only be used for hand washing. No other dumping or washing is allowed in these sinks. New Violation.
- Observed raw chicken stored above ready to eat foods in the prep unit reach in and walk in cooler. Ready to eat foods must be stored above any raw meat or eggs to prevent contamination in storage. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Ice machine baffle is unclean. Clean at a frequency that prevents accumulation of any kind on the baffle and ice machine. New Violation. To be Corrected By: 03/11/2020
- – Unclean kinfe was stored with clean knives
– Knife was stored between prep units.
– Unapproved scooper are being used. All scoopers must have handles.
In use utensils must be stored in a clean and dry container. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.