Nittany Minit Mart
4313 William Penn Highway
Mifflintown, PA 17059
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/13/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Nittany Minit Mart was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Wet floor mops not hung to air dry.
- Observed eggs and sausage in the hot hold unit with an internal temperature of 105 degrees F not 135 degrees F as required for an undetermined amount of time. Facility disposed food items.
- Observed temperature controlled foods in the hot hold unit with an internal temperature of 125 degrees F not 135 degrees F as required. The time of this inspection was 10:30AM and the food items according to the store temperature logs had been placed in the hot hold unit at 9:30AM. The foods were reheated to 165 degrees F and placed in the hot hold unit.
- Brown and red slimy residue on the food contact surface of the ice machine.
- Observed large cracks in the plastic food storage containers used to hold TCS foods not allowing for proper cleaning and sanitizing.
- Observed the concentration of the quaternary ammonia sanitizing solution in the three bowl sink was 0 PPM not 200 PPM which is the manufactures required concentration. The automatic dispenser is not working properly.