Philly Soft Pretzel
330 W MAIN ST
LANSDALE, PA 19446
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 27, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Philly Soft Pretzel was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- (5 times repeat violation) Facility lacking current CFSM certificate from MCOPH. Facility previously provided MCOPH with proof of enrollment in an approved course to be taken 12-9-2019. Facility must provide MCOPH with proof of enrollment in an approved course within 48 hours. Facility must complete reciprocity application and submit with payment upon receipt of course certificate. Facility must notify MCOPH if it does not receive a passing score.
- (3 times repeat violation) Open employee beverage stored on prep equipment. Facility relocated item during inspection. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may lead to legal action.
- Hot dogs and cheese in hot holding unit recorded at 127F. Facility stated that it is using time as a public health control for TCS items in hot holding case, but has not been keeping a consistent daily log. EHS instructed facility on the establishment of an adequate time as a public health control log at time of inspection.
- Dead rodent and rodent-like droppings observed in basement/basement staircase area. Facility must immediately clean and sanitize area. Facility must be treated by professional pest control service. Fax service report to MCOPH with in 10 business days. Fax to 215-784-5524 or to the email provided.
- Dead insects/debris observed trapped in ceiling light shield above walk-in refrigerator.
- (5 times repeat violation) Food handler lacking hair/beard restraint. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may lead to further legal action. Citation possible.
- Painted fan guards in walk-in refrigerator observed chipping/flaking at time of inspection.
- Walk-in refrigerator door does not fully seal. A large gap is observed when door is fully closed.
- Wall surfaces damaged and no longer easily cleanable in mop sink room near faucet. Repair and finish with a minimum of semi-gloss paint.
- Damaged wall to right of three compartment sink observed with unfinished, rough spackle repairs. Facility must render surface to be smooth, non-porous and easily cleanable.
- Cove base not adequately sealed to wall at right-hand side of three compartment sink, and at either side of door to mop closet.