705 W MARKET ST STE 9
ORWIGSBURG, PA 17961
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/4/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations China King was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 11 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of the PA Food Code as evident by the violations observed in this inspection report.
- Observed whole produce being stored directly inside of a re-use raw chicken box. *Corrected*
- Cooked BBQ pork stored directly on top of and in contact with egg flats located at rear of facility. *Corrected*
- Observed numerous containers of food located inside walk-in cooler being stored open without a covering.
- Observed containers of cooking oils being stored directly on ground below main grill line equipment. *Corrected*
- Large bag of onions stored directly on floor below hand wash sink. *Corrected*
- Observed old food litter and debris located below/behind facility deep fry units.
- In-use Chlorine sanitizer solution located inside 3-bay sink was tested to be greater than 200 ppm and not 50-100 ppm as required: Solution was diluted to 50 ppm during time of inspection. *Corrected*
- Observed open coffee cup located on main grill line next to Bain-Marie cooling unit. *Corrected*
- Facility (sanitizer) test strips were observed to be distressed and not functioning properly.
- Observed leak located on faucet head of 3-bay sink.
- Observed a large block of raw pork thawing at room temperature. *Corrected*
- No date mark system for prepared TCS foods made within facility located inside walk-in cooler.
- Observed old food splatter located on walls next to rear screen door.
- Observed old sticky food residue and build-up located on storage shelving of lower portion of Bain-Marie cooling unit.
Gordon’s Subs-N-Stuff bumbles inspection; 8 violations, Slicer being wiped with soiled cotton cloth
Inspector hits Ashland Diner in Schuylkill County with 16 violations; “cleaned/sanitized utensils” stored directly on ground
Inspector hits Ashland Diner in Schuylkill County with 14 violations; “cleaned/sanitized utensils” stored directly on ground