Newtown Square, PA
5492 West Chester PIKE
NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA 19073
The Chester County Health Department conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on February 3, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Teikoku Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- In various refrigerators, several containers of potentially hazardous foods (PHF) did not have date labels. Ensure all PHF’s in storage for 24 hours are more are date labeled with the initial open/prep date and used within 7 days.
- Make repairs to eliminate the leak from the pipes above the dishwasher.
- Make repairs to pipes below hand wash sink in dishwasher area. Sink must be operational for hand washing.
- Facility must take measures to control, reduce and eliminate vectors, specifically roaches. Two dead roaches observed near the main cookline at time of inspection. Significant roach activity along mainline area was noted on pest control report dated 2/3/20. Complete/continue the following: * Certified pest control operator must service WEEKLY. Submit copies of reports to Department * Maintain facility surfaces, plumbing and food service equipment in clean condition and good repair * Inspect incoming shipments for vectors * Keep all foods covered in storage * Eliminate standing water and other harborage conditions * Remove any/all roaches and disinfect the affected area.
- Clean the following: * In sushi station, clean the exterior and exterior of all food storage shelves and cabinetry. * In main kitchen, clean interior of Imperial oven and all steel shelves.
- The following exterior doors of the food facility have gaps and donot protect against the entry of vectors: * Exterior steel door by dishwasher * Double wood door adjacent to dining room Make physical repairs/install door sweeps to eliminate gaps.
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection and repeat violations.
- Make repairs to eliminate the ice build-up in the walk-in freezer. Remove all ice accumulations and maintain unit free of ice accumulations.
- Tan hose in rear kitchen (by ice cream chest freezer) is leaking and a pool of water was on the floor. Remove hose and make repairs to eliminate leak. Remove standing water.
- Clean and sanitize the following: * can openers in main kitchen * ice scoop and caddy of large ice machine * plastic bin and contents within (utensils) in storage area
- Install new beveled base coving at the floor/wall juncture in the male employee restroom and locker room.
- Floor in walk-in freezer is in poor repair and must be resurfaced with a Department-approved material. Submit plans to resurface floor within two (2) weeks. Resurface floor within ninety (90)days.
- Patch/seal the unused steel ceiling duct above the drainboard of the dishwasher.
- Clean all ceiling light shields in the main kitchen.
- Remove excess trash and debris from the exterior dock and dumpster area.
- Clean the floors, walls behind hoods, air gaps and floor drains in the kitchen (including server station), sushi station and bar areas.