North Wales, PA
Turning Point of North Wales
1460 BETHLEHEM PIKE
NORTH WALES, PA 19454
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/13/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Turning Point of North Wales was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 20 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
This inspection makes the eight failure to be, “in compliance” since March 2017 meaning at least one “food borne illness risk factor” was found by inspectors:
- March 17, 2017- 4 violations
- April 27, 2017- 11 violations
- September 12, 2017- 14 violations
- February 23, 2018- 14 violations
- September 19, 2018- 10 violations
- February 21, 2019- 16 violations
- February 28, 2019- 0 violations
- September 23, 2019- 17 violations
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- MCOPH eating and drinking establishment license not posted for public view. Facility unable to locate during time of inspection – facility instructed to post immediately upon locating or apple for duplicate license and post immediately upon receiving.
- Facility storing employee beverages lacking lids and straws in cooks line prep areas during active prep.
- Facility has disconnected hot water to hand sink at cooks line. Facility stated hot water piping to mixing valve leaks. a 24hr follow up will take place to ensure readily available hot water at unit.
- Facility storing used utensils in hand sink at end of cooks line.
- Facility observed with dumped ice in front hand sink at bar area. EHS reviewed with hand sink usage with facility during time of inspection.
- Facility lacking paper towels at hand sink at front bar area.
- Air gap observed at back exit door to facility. (allows access for rodents, insects)
- Facility storing personal use items (jackets/etc) on top of dry goods at shelving under waitress expo station at entrance to kitchen.
- Handles of scoops stored in contact with food at bulk storage containers throughout facility.
- Facility storing wet wiping clothes outside of sanitizer buckets at multiple food prep locations.
- Utensils stored in stagnant water at cooks line.
- (3 times repeat violation) facility observed using single-use cup lacking handle for scoop at bulk coffee storage container. Facility instructed that multiple repeat violations may lead to future and immediate legal actions.
- Facility storing single use coffee filters with food contact surfaces exposed at coffee area of kitchen.
- Ice accumulation observed on pipes at condenser of walk in freezer.
- Food prep cooler mounted cutting boards observed with deep grooves and discoloration.
- Facility lining surfaces with wet wiping clothes at end of cooks line.
- (3 times repeat violation) Facility is not fully removing labels from secondary storage containers prior to washing, rinsing and sanitizing. Facility instructed that multiple repeat violations may lead to future and immediate legal actions.
- (2 times repeat violation) Dust and grease-like accumulation observed in fan mounted at end of cooks line.
- Accumulation observed on fixtures of chai/hot chocolate dispenser at front bar.
- Facility is not storing mop hanging and inverted to dry after use.
Health Dept; 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park,; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept 15 violations for Munchys Pizza & Grill in Elkins Park; Coleslaw, sour cream, and salad dressing stored at room temperature, Employee observed slicing tomatoes with bare hands
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016, Bungee cords securing various items at pizza prep refrigerator
Health Dept hits Hatfield Pizzeria with 20 violations,fumbles 9th inspection since November 2016