11105 PERRY HIGHWAY
MEADVILLE, PA 16335
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on DATE. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Valenza Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.
- Several raw animal foods (eggs) were stored above ready to eat foods in the walk-in back cooler. Corrected during inspection.
- Observed boxes of food stored directly on the floor in back stockroom and in the walk-in freezer area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Observed the fan in dishwashing area and the exhaust fan with an accumulation of dust and food residue. The dough mixer has an accumulation of dried food residue on the mixer guard. The racks in both walk-in coolers have an accumulation of food residue.
- Duct work in back stockroom and dishwasher area, where there is clean utensils and food storage, is in disrepair, tattered, and has exposed insulation. Needs repaired or replaced.
- Refrigerated ready to eat, time/temperature control for safety food (soups) prepared in the food facility and held for more than 24 hours, located in the back walk-in cooler, is not being date marked.
- Pasta, a refrigerated, ready to eat time temperature control for safety food in the prep cooler, was date-marked by the facility, but was beyond the discard date indicated by the sticker and the 7-day use and was discarded during inspection. Was likely due to when product was getting changed and new sticker not being added to container.
- Utensil located in the prep area is wrapped in duct tape and cannot properly be cleaned and sanitized.
- Utensils, including knives and spatulas, used for cooking are deformed and misshapen from heat and no longer can be easily cleaned and sanitized and should be disposed.
- The ice machine, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink residue and was not clean to sight and touch.
Plaza Lanes Bowling in Meadville fumbles inspection; Ice machine interior, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink residue
Plaza Lane Bowling in Meadville fumbles inspection; Ice machine interior, a food contact surface, was observed to have pink residue