A la Mousse
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/7/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations A la Mousse was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 20 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Inspection request signage not posted at time of inspection
- MCOPH Certified Food Sanitation Manager Certificate not posted or at the facility at time of inspection.
- Facility is lacking a written vomit/fecal incident procedure at time of inspection
- Lacking single service towels for the employee restroom hand sink and the hand sink by the 3 basin sink.
- Lacking hand washing sign for the prep area hand sink and the hand sink by the 3 basin sink.
- Chemical spray bottles stored, under the front counter, next to the “to go” boxes for cakes
Common name label lacking on secondary dry goods containers and squeeze bottles.
Two opened cans of condensed milk in the prep area refrigerator
There is a soap dispenser above the backroom food prep sink
- Containers/boxes of food stored on floor in the backroom and in the walk in cooler and freezer.
Front counter ice cream scoop stored in stagnant water in between uses.
Food packaging/containers under the front counter hand sink drain line
- Torn door gasket observed on the walk in cooler and the walk in freezer doors
- Absorbent cloth lining surface underneath the mixer in the prep room.
The walk in cooler fan guard covers are unclean
Excessive frost build-up in the front counter reach in ice cream freezer
The wire racks in the walk in cooler need to be cleaned
The walk in cooler walls and ceiling need to be cleaned
- Improper air gap at food prep sink
- Covered waste receptacle lacking in the employee unisex restroom.