Allenwood, PA 17810
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/15/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the A-Plus Sunoco was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Four quarts of milk observed for sale with sell by dates of 4/13. All were discarded.
- Eggs and breakfast sandwich from cold-hold “island” style case registering 51-53*F internal temperatures. TCS foods were stored in this unit since yesterday (>4 hours). All sandwiches, subs, wraps, eggs and 1 burrito were discarded. $525 worth of food discarded.
- Temperature measuring device for ensuring proper temperature of equipment is not available or readily accessible in the hot-hold sandwich case.
- Cold-hold “island” style refrigeration unit not holding 41*F or below ambient temperature. Ambient temperature was 52*F according to unit thermometer.
- Mop sink faucet has Y-valve attached with shutoffs. No shutoffs allowed downstream of an atmospheric vacuum breaker. REPEAT VIOLATION