North Wales, PA
1101 N Bethlehem Pike
Lower Gwynedd Township, PA 19002
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 7/14/2020 following a complaint. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Arpeggio BYOB was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
This inspection was conducted following a complaint the restaurant was not complying with COVID-19 requirements:
MCOPH received complaint that employees were not wearing face masks and were not enforcing social distancing among customers on their patio. Observation: Upon arrival, inspector observed one employee with no face mask. All other employees wearing masks properly. Several tables with seated customers were less than six feet apart. Facility must correct and maintain all violations.
According to reporting by The Philadelphia Inquirer the Arpeggio BYOB has not been found, “In Compliance” once since opening in 2017:
- Jul 14, 2017- 6 violations with 2 food borne illness risk factor violations.
- Nov 30, 2017- 8 violations with 3 food borne illness risk factor violations.
- Jun 26, 2018- 13 violations with 3 food borne illness risk factor violations.
- Dec 6, 2018- 12 violations with 4 food borne illness risk factor violations.
- May 7, 2019- 8 violations with 3 food borne illness risk factor violations.
- Nov 19, 2019- 8 violations with 3 food borne illness risk factor violations.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
1Lacking single service towels for hand sink.
Improper date marking for shell stock tags after product has been consumed/sold.
Eggs stored over prepared food in walk-in cooler.
Can opener blade unclean.
Soda nozzles and ice dispenser unclean at beverage station.
Common name label lacking on squeeze bottles at cooks line.
Containers/boxes of food stored on floor in walk-in cooler and dry storage area.
Bowl/cup used as scoop stored obtain dry goods/food items.
Lacking light shield or shatterproof bulb in dry storage area.