Elkins Park, PA
2 Township Line Rd
Elkins Park, PA 19027
For the second time in 2020 the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection following a complaint from the public. This most recent inspection occurred on 5/12/2020.
As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Dunkin’ Donuts was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
This Dunkin’ Donuts location last passed an inspection in April 2017:
- Jan 17, 2020 complaint leads to 10 violations
- Apr 19, 2019 routine inspection finds 6 violations
- May 4, 2018 routine inspection finds 5 violations
- Apr 10, 2017 routine inspection finds 4 lower level violations allowing the restaurant to be, “in compliance.”
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Facility lacking a current MCOPH Certified Food Sanitation Manager certificate. Facility must submit proof of registration within 10 business days.
- Ware wash room hand sink out of order. Pipe detached. Facility must repair immediately and email work order. Failure to comply may lead to legal actions.
- Chemical cleaner stored on top of espresso maker. COS
- Single service coffee filters stored food contact sides exposed COS
- Facility Employee observed handling money and then ready to eat foods with same pair of gloves. EHS discussed proper glove use at time of inspection. Failure to comply may lead to legal actions. COS
- Wire racks in walk in refrig with dried milk debris. Clean and sanitize.