Abington Pizzeria & Family Restaurant
501 Edge Hill Rd
Glenside, PA 19038
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/28/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Abington Pizzeria & Family Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 7 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Paper towels lacking in unisex restroom. COS
- Raw burgers stored over RTE foods in walk-in refrigerator. COS
- Salad food prep refrigerator with product internal temperature of 47F. Facility voluntarily discarded 1 head of lettuce, 16 oz of mayo, 1 sliced tomatoes. Unit observed at proper ambient operating temperature before end of inspection. COS (see note below)
- Spray bottles stored with utensils over ware washing sink. COS
- Sliced lettuce draining at ware washing sink. Moved to food prep sink. COS
- Lacking Hot water in 1 of two unisex restrooms. Restroom closed and marked out of order. Valve turned off. Restroom must have hot and cold water of adequate temperature and pressure at all times. Failure to comply could lead to legal action. COS
- 1 of 2 unisex restrooms with broke door self closing mechanism.
*The temperature danger zone is food temperatures between 41 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit and the most rapid bacteria growth occurs between 70 and 125 degrees Fahrenheit. The longer food sits in this temperature range, the greater the risk that bacteria will begin to grow on food. These violations are considered, "Food Borne Illness Risk Factor" violations.