Corner Bakery Café
100 WELSH ROAD, UNIT H
HORSHAM, PA 19044
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 16, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Corner Bakery Café in Horsham was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of XX violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Facility instructed to reheat items observed below an approved hot holding temperature at griddle top. Facility unable to display items at an approved hot holding temperature following facility reheat procedures. EHS – reviewed re-heating procedures with facility and observed approved execution of reheating procedures.
- Facility storing TCS food items (marinara and cream sauces) at steam bath on griddle top in prep area below an approved hot holding temperature – 118F. Facility stated items heated up within 30 minutes of inspection – facility instructed to heat items above 165F prior to placing back into hot holding. EHS review hot holding and reheating procedures with facility during time of inspection.
- Facility storing TCS food items below an approved cold holding temperature at reach in drawer coolers under griddle in prep area. Items observed between 45-47F. Facility voluntarily relocated contents of unit.
- Facility drawer refrigeration unit under griddle on prep line unable to maintain an approved cold holding temperature – unit observed at 52F. Items stored in facility between 45-47F – facility stated items stored overnight in walk in cooler. Facility has voluntarily taken unit out of service during time of inspection and is not permitted to place unit back into service without written permission from MCOPH. Facility instructed to provide work order from certified professional including new and approved cold holding temperature to email provided by EHS during time of inspection. Failure to comply may result in immediate legal actions.
- Facility thawing carton of egg whites are room temperature. Facility relocated to prep sink to thaw under running water – staff turned off running water to thaw in stagnant bowl. COS– EHS reviewed with facility management approved thawing methods
- Multiple thermometers at reach in refrigerator of facility damaged. COS – facility replaced damaged units during time of inspection.
- Facility storing ambient thermometer on food items at reach in drawer cooler under griddle in prep area.
- Facility observed nesting plastic bag of almonds in storage container of ready to eat food items for chicken salad mix(dice onion/celery/raisins) at walk in cooler. COS – facility removed bag during time of inspection
- (3 times repeat violation) Cutting boards at turbo oven and food prep cooler closest to entrance of prep line/area with deep groves and discoloration. Facility instructed that multiple repeat violations may lead to future immediate legal actions. Facility stated that on site replacement cutting boards were required to be recut and holes drilled prior to installation. Facility granted five business days to install units and provide photographic documentation of installed units to email provided. Failure to comply will result in onsite visit on 1/24/20 to confirm installation and potential for immediate future legal actions.
- Spillage observed on interior of under counter refrigerator for dairy adjacent to espresso machine.
- (2 times repeat violation) areas behind dispensing nozzles at soda machine unclean. Facility instructed that multiple repeat violations may result in future immediate legal actions.