Olde Towne Bakery & Cafe
373 E MAIN ST
Somerset, PA 15501
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on December 3, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Olde Towne Bakery & Cafe was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed deeply scored cutting boards not resurfaced or discarded as required on the prep cooler in the food prep area. Repair or replace cutting boards.
- Because of the rodent activity there is a posibility of the food contact surfaces have been contaminated by the rodents. All food contact surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized before reopening.
- Paper towel dispensers empty at all the handwash sinks in the food prep areas.
- Noted a dead rat under the mechanical dishwasher. This rat needs removed. Noted gnawing and holes in the wall in the dry storage area, soda bag and box room, behind 2 door upright cooler in the prep area and under the clean dish table next to the mechanical dishwasher. These holes need repaired. Noted rodent droppings under the mechanical dishwasher, in the dry storage area and in the soda bag and box area. Noted rodents had chewed into bags of barley, containers of colored sugar, bag of rye seeds, bags of powdered sugar, bags of prepared fruit fillings for the bakery. All products were disposed of during this inspection. All product in dry storage must be inspected for damage, Shelves, walls and floors must be cleaned and sanitized prior to reopening.
- Temperature measuring device for ensuring proper temperature of equipment is not available or readily accessible in various refrigeration equipment throughout facility.