Dim Sum Factory
303 HORSHAM RD. SUITE F 3
HORSHAM, PA 19044
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 6/17/2020 following receipt of a complaint. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Dim Sum Factory was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 19 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The Dim Sum Factory has now failed to be found, “In Compliance” during three inspections since their opening in November 2019:
- Oct 31, 2019- site evaluation inspection found NO violations
- Nov 12, 2019- opening inspection found 3 lower level, “Lack of Good Retail Practices” violations meaning the restaurant was, “In Compliance.”
- Dec 13, 2019- A routine inspection found 22 violations, 9 of which were classified as, “food borne illness risk factor” violations. (see the story below)
- Dec 30, 2019- Re-inspection finds 2 violations with one, “food borne illness risk factor” violation.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- No single service towel at women’s toilet room and one of the kitchen hand sink near the dry storage shelves.
- Raw shell eggs stored above produce in walk-in refrigerator.
- Numerous exposed flour bags and bulk foods in prep and at the bottom storage of cold prep refrigerator.
- Prepared dough stored in re-used cardboard material food packaging box.
- No date markings on facility prepared foods (chicken nuggets, cooked meats). Use by date markings, no more than 7 days after opening or preparing foods, are required on ready-to-eat foods or prepared foods, held at the establishment for more than 24 hours and stored under refrigeration.
- Container of refrigerated cooked chicken nuggets stored at ambient temperature of 78F without written time and temperature control;Stored in refrigeration.
- Hand soap on cutting board of prep refrigerator.
- Missing ambient thermometer at front serving counter 2-door work top refrigerator and one for cold prep refrigerator.
- Dead roach on the glue board at dry storage shelves area floor. Fax or e-mail pest control service report to Montgomery County Office of Public Health
- (2 times repeat violation)-Numerous food containers and food bags stored on the floor of storage area including dining room and walk-in freezer.
- Plastic containers without handles used to scoop bulk foods.
- Loosely covered flour bag stored directly below soap dispenser near the dry food storage area.
- No hair restraints on food handlers.
- Knives stored in crevices of prep tables.
- Rice scoop stored in stagnant water container.
- Accumulated debris on the can opener piercing point and cracked and open seam of round wooden chopping block.
- Excess food debris and accumulation at the scattered areas of the kitchen (hand sink, storage shelves, rice cooker, trays, steam table water with brown build-ups, interior of prep refrigerators, etc).
- Soiled floor mats leading to kitchen from hot beverage station.
- Excess items stored directly on the floor (utensils, food boxes) and does not facilitate readily accessible floor cleaning and maintenance.