21 N Susquehanna Trail
Shamokin Dam, PA 17876
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 4/17/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Pizza Hut was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 4 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed fan covers, in walk-in cooler, with an accumulation of dust and dirt. REPEAT VIOLATION
- Food facility has lost its certified food employee over 3 months ago and has not replaced the certified food employee as required.
- Black mold-like accumulations observed on walls and caulking in dishwashing area. REPEAT VIOLATION
- Mechanical ware washing equipment observed with build up of filth and food residue and not cleaned before use, and frequently throughout the day. REPEAT VIOLATION
- Dark build-up on dishwashing racks – surfaces no longer smooth, cleanable. REPEAT VIOLATION