6 W Market ST
LEWISTOWN, PA 17044
The Chester County Health Department conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 14, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Laskaris Restaurant in Lewistown was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 12 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
Observed a food employee behind the service counter, making and serving hot dogs, not wearing proper hair restraints, such as nets, hats, or visors.
- Observed wet wiping cloths on the counter behind the service counter, not being stored in sanitizer solution. Agent discussed proper storage of wet wiping cloths.
- Not enough drainboards to allow for storage of soiled and cleaned items before and after cleaning.
- Observed clean forks at the end of the service counter stored on a tray. Utensils were not covered or inverted.
- Chlorine chemical sanitizer residual detected in the final sanitizer rinse cycle of the low temperature sanitizing dishwasher was 0 ppm, and not 50-100 ppm as required.
- Observed onions and potatoes stored directly on the floor in the kitchen area, rather than 6 inches off of the floor as required.
- Observed a crusty pinkish rust colored residue on the left side of the ice bin in the ice machine. Cleaned during this inspection.
- Lights are not shielded or shatter proof over the food prep area in the kitchen.
- Observed a working container in ware wash area, used for storing degreaser taken from bulk supplies, were not marked with the common name of the chemical.
- Food Employee observed donning single use gloves without a prior hand wash. Agent discussed when to wash hands and glove use with employee.
- Observed a deeply scored cutting board on the prep unit next to the hot dog grill, not resurfaced or discarded as required. Owner replaced cutting board during inspection.
- The floor in the ware washing area is extremely dirty with a heavy accumulation of a black residue and old food debris.