Cranberry Township, PA
20325 Rte 19
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 7/30/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Monte Cello’s was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 8 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Observed pizza topping left out on counter during lunch. Cheese at 55F. Observed pans of sauteed green peppers and onions on counter by grill at 90F. PIC stated the facility will go through pans during lunch period. Product not marked with disposal time/no written procedures for use of time in lieu of temperature. Example procedure given. REPEAT VIOLATION (8-2-19)
- One filter missing over grill area.
- Two ice buckets have cracks/chips on rims of buckets. Replace.
- Can opener blade and holder have dark sticky build up. Cleaned on site.
- Walk-in cooler shelves holding breaded chicken have heavy debris build up. Floor in walk-in cooler has debris. Gaskets on several coolers have black build up.
- No sign or poster posted at the handwash sinks in the prep & bar area to remind food employees to wash their hands. Bar sink also needs towels and soap. Corrected
- Food facility inspection indicates evidence of fly activity in prep area.
- Floors under fryers have heavy old food debris. Several ceiling tiles in back storage area have water stains from previous leaks.
Complaint inspection Butler Farm Market in Renfrew finds visible evidence of rodent contaminated foods in cooler, wooden bin of bagged peanuts, self serve customer shelves
Dented Keg Brewing in Mars fouls inspection; Ordered to stop using ice machine; observed to have blackish residuals and was not clean to sight and touch
Dented Can Brewing in Mars fouls inspection; Ordered to stop using ice machine; observed to have blackish residuals and was not clean to sight and touch