Monte Cello’s Pizza
10441 Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/27/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Monte Cello’s Pizza was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 8 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Cooked chicken wings at 50°F in prep unit (other foods are at 41°F)* (see note below)
- Chopped lettuce at 49°F, cheese at 45°F in salad prep unit. (see note below)
- Salad prep unit interior temperature at 44°F
- Mold growing on ice machine deflector plate.
- Several flies seen in kitchen.
- Large number of fruit flies in wait station area and in back prep room.
- Rear screen door is damaged and does not close properly.
- Water melon rinds and half a melon on ground behind facility and by dumpster.
- Floor tiles damaged near prep sink and in utility closet where mop sink is.
- Ceiling cracked open above cook line.
- Lights in back prep room lack covering.
*The temperature danger zone is food temperatures between 41 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit and the most rapid bacteria growth occurs between 70 and 125 degrees Fahrenheit. The longer food sits in this temperature range, the greater the risk that bacteria will begin to grow on food. These violations are considered, "Food Borne Illness Risk Factor" violations.
12 violations Saga Steakhouse & Sushi Bar inspection in Robinson TWP finds German roaches, cutting board heavily soiled on underside with mold
12 violations Saga Steakhouse & Sushi Bar inspection finds German roaches, cutting board heavily soiled on underside with mold
Inspection; Mouse droppings in hot water tank closet found at Just In Thyme Catering in Gibsonia