Delancey Street Bagels
50 E WYNNEWOOD RD
WYNNEWOOD, PA 19096-2013
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on January 22, 2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Delancey Street Bagels in Wynnewood was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
Delancey Street Bagels has been cited for presence of rodents and flies on September 19, 2019, rodents on March 20, 2019, January 16, 2019, flies on August 15, 2018, and a dead mouse-like rodent under glass door reach-in cooler in kitchen on September 14, 2017.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Expired license posted
- Scrub pad stored in hand wash sink by ware wash area
- One bain marie in kitchen not working properly. Food items all temp above 41 degrees (voluntarily discarded) all items, provide inventory of discarded items. Do not use unit unless temps at 41 degrees or below.
- Visible thermometer lacking in some cold units
- Mouse-like dropping observed on shelves/ floor in facility. Facility has 10 business days to provide proof of next professional pest control treatment to MCOPH
- Fly-like insects observed in facility. Facility has 10 business days to provide proof of next professional pest control treatment to MCOPH
- Food handler lacking hair/beard restraint
- 4Rusty shelves walk-in refrigerator.
- Floors unclean under large equipment throughout
- Lacking light shield or shatter proof bulb retail refrigerator and basement dry storage are