West View, PA
Shop ‘n Save
184 Rochester Road
West View,PA 15229
The Allegheny County Health Department’s Food Safety Program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/24/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Shop ‘n Save was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Uncovered raw sausage on a storage rack in the main walk-in freezer contaminated with ice build up derived from within the unit. Top two rows of sausage were grossly contaminated and thrown away upon the inspector’s request. The rest of the sausage was covered during inspection. Repairs for unit were called prior to inspection.
- Sliced watermelon in the produce display case lack a sell-by date. Other individual sliced watermelon packs contain discard dates of 8/28. Produce manager states this was a mistake. Items correctly labeled during inspection.
- Probe-type thermometer in the meat department could not be produced.
- Test strips for monitoring the QAC at the 3-bowl sink in the deli department expired in 2017.
- Test strips for monitoring the QAC at the 3-bowl sink in the produce department could not be produced.
- Soiled knife sitting in the handwashing sink in the meat packing room.
- Visible gap of roughly one inch under the door to the outside loading dock in the back
- Excessive ice build up present in the main walk-in freezer. Manager states repairs have already been ordered on the unit.
- Dumpster lid open during inspection.
- Sticker on ventilation hood system indicates hood was last inspected and serviced in 2017.
12 violations Saga Steakhouse & Sushi Bar inspection in Robinson TWP finds German roaches, cutting board heavily soiled on underside with mold
12 violations Saga Steakhouse & Sushi Bar inspection finds German roaches, cutting board heavily soiled on underside with mold
Inspection; Mouse droppings in hot water tank closet found at Just In Thyme Catering in Gibsonia