1801 N BROAD ST
LANSDALE, PA 19446
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Public Health (MCOPH) conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/21/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Sundae World was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Pennsylvania’s food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 9 violations were found and include one or more violations determined to be food borne illness risk factors.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Sign stating that “inspection reports are available upon request” obscured from public view at time of inspection. Facility posted sign in public view during inspection.
- (2 times repeat violation) Facility lacks a written procedure for managing a fecal or vomiting incident. Sample document emailed during inspection. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may lead to legal action.
- 2 gallons of refrigerated ice cream mix observed with sell-by dates of 08/19/2020. Facility removed items from use during inspection.
- (2 times repeat violation) Packaged retail ice cream products in retail freezer missing required retail labeling information. Facility was emailed regulations during inspection. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may lead to legal action.
- Rodent like droppings observed in dry storage areas and behind some equipment in retail area.. Facility must immediately clean and sanitize affected area(s). Facility must be treated by professional pest control service. E-mail completed service report to e-mail address provided at time of inspection.
- Absorbent sponge observed in sanitizing compartment of three compartment sink. Facility relocated sponge during inspection.
- (3 times repeat violation)Facility is storing foods in open cans in 2 door under counter refrigerator and not transferring items into a food grade container after opening. Failure to correct and maintain multiple repeat violations may result in legal action.
- (2 times repeat violation) Ceiling vents above point of sale and in restroom observed with dust accumulation.
- Ceiling tiles not in place or water stained in various areas of facility.
When originally written up this story referred to Sundae School. A Facebook follower pointed out we had the wrong image and there is another location. For whatever reason the Health Department is identifying this location as Sundae School, Inc. We have changed the name to reflect what appears on their Facebook page.